During these lessons we are going to develop our pre production skills and our research skills. In order for production to work producers use the three P’s. Pre production, Production and Post Production.
15 Step guide to production:
- Generate idea’s for a production.
- Research your idea to ensure you know the facts.
3. Analyse your research.
4. Develop your idea.
5. Create a treatment and or a synopsis. (project proposal)
6. Production schedule.
8. Story board and or a shot list.
9. Location Recce (Scouting an location)
Risk assessment, weather, lighting, space, catering and photography.
10. Contingency plan (backup plan) if something goes wrong need a backup for each situation.
11. Shooting schedule (when were filming times ect.)
12. Call sheet (contact details) needed for each persons details E.G actors needed to come in on each day.
13. Shot log
14. Offline edit (ruff cut)
15. Online edit
These 15 steps apply to every project you will ever do when filming these step ensure you will have everything done.